Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall colors and more fun.

Today after church we went for a nice long drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon to see all of the changing colors. Little did we know, the newspaper printed that this weekend was the best to catch the fall colors, so there were a ton of people on the road. We still managed to get a few good shots of the trees and some pretty good ones of us. Despite my problem with heights, I stood at the top of the overlook for a couple shots...and I was only a little dizzy.

We've also been having a lot of fun playing around the house lately. I caught this rare moment of my daughter actually having fun while on her tummy. And this was just a few minutes later. If you listen really, really carefully you'll catch the surprise at the end. It made me laugh really hard.
And this is Lynny going to town on my finger, which happens quite regularly when she's a little fussy for no apparent reason. She won't take a pacifier, but my finger really seems to do that trick!
And I just thought this was a good shot of us playing on the floor the other day. It was taken with a self-timer, believe it or not.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

what a cutie!! o man we almost went on a hike this weekend, but decided to postpone it. in one way, i'm bummed that we missed the "best fall colors" weekend, but mostly i'm glad that we missed the crowds. nice to see you are enjoying your cute girl!

Larysa said...

she is such an adorable baby! and you look amazing, Em! I am glad that things seem to be going well for you. Those trees did look beautiful in the background of your pictures. I love fall!

Molly said...

lynny looks a lot like olivia in that last picture! we need to get them together again soon for pics.

Lizzy Meppen said...

She is way cute em, and apparently a true Meppen...

Gardners said...

I can't believe she's already so big and strong - I like the pic of her on top of the phone books just chillin' like she's already walking around. Strong legs, whoohoo! And a lovely patooter...
Lookin' good guys!
P.S. Don't know if you've already heard or not, but we might be naming our new girl Emily. Apparently, we like your mom's way of thinking...Anna, Emily. I know it is spelled different, but we don't have any family history encouraging us to be creative. :)

The Lindes said...

Dang Em, the edge of a cliff! Who are you? lol. and by the way, you're looking skinny! Hot!