Wrong.
The past two days I was sick with a stomach bug. Lynny had it first, but it was kind to her: she threw up once, had a few nasty diapers and then she was done. But whatever it is decided to do a number on me. I'll spare you the details, but know that I was not a happy camper. I wasn't able to take care of Lynny the way she needed (that happens when you can barely lift your child) so Daniel took some time off work to help out. And I think Lynny enjoyed having Daddy home to play all day. And I think Daddy had a little bit of fun with Lynny too. So even though Momma wasn't happy, everyone else was!
The first day, Daddy pulled out a balloon. That was a big hit. Lynny thought it was fun to play with. And Daniel thought she was fun to play with, with the balloon.
Then Daddy was nice enough to take Lynny for a ride to Costco to get some essentials. She has a bug bite on the side of her head that she picked at until it got infected so we try to hide it with headbands whenever we go anywhere. Well, on the way home from the store, her headband slipped out of place. It didn't seem to bother her though!

And finally, Daddy taught Lynny how to play hide-and-seek. He would hide her head and let her seek for a way to play with her toys while also seeking for a way to get her bag off her head. What fun!
And finally, when Daddy wasn't able to be home to help me, I had to try and find a way to keep Lynny (and her bowl of balls) contained while I tried to fold some laundry. She's finally at the point where she can roll her balls all over the room until they're all out of reach...and then she fusses to get them back. So I plopped Lynny in her laundry basket and let her play! (We used to do the same with our pet rabbits...Not that I view my child as a pet.)
2 comments:
I love, love, love, the balloon picture! I think it really captures the essence of Lynny...
What fun! For them, of course. I'm fighting something right now too, but life has to go on...
Anna LOVES balloons, they are the best - until they pop.
Post a Comment