Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Vegas, Disneyland, and so much fun!

We got back from our trip on Sunday night, but I still feel like I'm recovering. I guess it takes a while to readjust to normal life after four days of amazing fun!
We started our drive on Tuesday night, around eight and stopped in Vegas for the night. Our really good friends let us crash on their air mattresses and eat their cereal the next morning. Thanks Mike and Tandi!

We walked around Vegas for a couple hours (Daniel and Jessica had fun remembering their choir trips from high school) and we even stopped at The Pearl Factory to get a pearl to replace the one that fell out of my engagement ring a few months ago. It's so nice to know I can wear it again!

Then we hopped in the car and drove to California. We got there a little later than we expected, but we decided to try and hit up the beach even though the sun was going down. We got there just after dark, but still had fun. Lynny has officially touched the Pacific Ocean!

The next day the real fun began: Disneyland! We had so much fun, and we managed to get to every good ride in Disneyland and California Adventure at least twice. Lynny's favorite ride was Pirates of the Caribbean. She waved to all of the pirates as we passed and thought the cannons were fascinating.
I'll admit I was a little disappointed in the rides--they were just like any amusement park rides--but the atmosphere was something to behold! Completely surrounded by Disney magic, I love it. We're definitely going back when Lynny's older. I can't wait.

Here are a few good pictures from the trip.



Daniel braved the water more than I did.

There she is: touching the ocean!

It was so nice of them to name their ice cream parlor after us.

I saw this painted on the wall and had to get a picture. I think it's one of my favorites of me from the whole trip.

Here's Lynny looking a little sleepy right before we took her on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. And here she is after the five minute ride. That's right--she crashed at the loudest, brightest point of the ride. She was sooo tired.

We almost got these for her, but she wouldn't keep them on. We ended up getting her a beanie with ears instead. She just thought that was like her beanie at home.
Everyone hates standing in line, except for Lynny. She thought it was great!
Lynny and me, sporting our "First Visit" buttons. It was so much fun!

In Toontown, by the fountain.

Waiting in line for the Roger Rabbit ride. Lynny had just woken up from a much-needed nap.

Mike and Tandi joined us on our last day in the park. Mike played with Lynny almost the whole day. I think she has a new best friend.

6 comments:

Birches said...

So fun. We're looking forward to our trip next week.

Gardners said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it - I was right about maybe liking it better as a kid, right?
I love her little teeth coming in - so cute! You guys look great and I'm sure you will live happily ever after! :)

Lizzy Meppen said...

I'm so glad you guys are home! Although I'm sure you're not...it looks like you had tons of fun! I can't believe Lynny has a tooth on top now, she's so big!

Molly said...

I'm so happy for Lynny that she has these pictures that we always pined for. You've finally been to Disney land! We keep talking about it, but I still haven't experienced the magic. Is it terrible that I want to go without Olivia sometime, too?

Emile Gibson said...

I think it would have been fun without the baby as well, but we were able to get the oh-so-coveted stroller passes to get to the front of the line. Those, combined with fast passes meant I was able to ride most of the rides twice, with almost no wait time!

Abster said...

Looks like you guys had fun...not that I expected any less. If I ever get married again...wedding party at disney! :)