So, I've been tagged a few times for this, so I might as well do it. 25 random things about me. (Of course, if you actually know me well, they aren't really that random.)
1. I go to the city library at least 4 out of 5 of my weekdays. I don't have internet at home and use the library for such purposes.
2. I found out the library has entire seasons of Gilmore Girls on DVD. This has caused a recent re-obsession with the fast-talking, media referencing, unfairly gorgeous duo and their ridiculous guy troubles.
3. I own two pairs of tall, black, leather boots. One pair is my walking boots pair (you know, "these boots are made for walking...") because they're flat. I love that about them. And the second pair is my furry pair; they have this thin layer of furry stuff on the inside that keeps my toes and feet toasty warm during the winter. Both were Christmas presents from Daniel (although from different Christmases).
4. I still don't have a washer and dryer in my apartment, so Daniel and I go to my inlaws every Monday for dinner, laundry, and so Daniel can watch Heroes with his Dad. (Gag.)
5. Daniel and I have a TV and a DVD player in our apartment, but neither of them actually belong to us. Randy brought the TV (which is actually his twin sister's, which she left at home when she married Randy's best friend and roommate...) over one night so a bunch of us could watch Iron Man. And when we realized we couldn't hook up the portable DVD player, Quentin ran to Walmart and got a cheap-o DVD player. And they both got left behind. That was months ago.
6. I wasn't originally planning on going to BYU. I was pretty set on Boise State but changed my mind at the last minute.
7. I just applied to be Nephi City recreation director. I really want the job--it would be my dream job--but I'm terrified that I'll actually get it. I don't know how to be a real professional!
8. I completely lied when I told everyone Daniel and I were going to wait to have kids. That conviction lasted about two months.
9. Now that I know I'm having a baby--yay!--I'm not baby hungry anymore. I'm puppy hungry. I spend at least twenty of my precious library computer minutes daily looking at all of the adorable dogs people are giving away online, wishing we could get one.
10. My lease doesn't allow pets. But the guy upstairs has a Jack Russell...how does that work?
11. I hate my living room furniture. I have an ugly plaid loveseat, another loveseat that attracts every piece of fuzz or hair in the house, and a school bus yellow lovesac. The only thing I really like in my living room is my black bookcase. Black works with everything.
12. This is taking a lot longer than I thought it would.
13. I've applied to over 100 jobs since I graduated, but no one wants to hire me. Apparently I'm "overqualified." Why wouldn't you hire someone who meets all of your qualifications, plus some?!
14. I have a thing for old, kinda junked cars. My first car, The Beast, was a '79 F150. I loved that truck, and I was so sad when it got too expensive to keep up with. And now I have a '91 Chevy Blazer. Apparently I like big vehicles too.
15. I only ever really dated/started a relationship with four guys before I got married, but they were all named either Michael or Daniel. And it was a pattern: Mike, Dan, Mike, Daniel.
16. I gained the freshman 15...twice. But then I became a river guide and was in the best shape I've ever been in. The rest of my life will be spent trying to achieve the skinny, tan look I had during the summer of 2007.
17. I'm really glad Daniel saw me in a bathing suit (river guiding) before we ever dated, because it saved me a lot of worry later on when we went to the pool together for the first time.
18. I am extremely afraid of heights. I mean I get sick, feel faint, have passed out, and usually cry at any height above ten feet.
19. Despite my fear, I've jumped into Lunch Counter Rapid several times (when the water was 15-20 feet below) and off Moose Falls (about a 25-30 foot drop). Take that.
20. I have a recent obsession with Raisin Bran cereal. I can't get enough of the bran flakes, wierdly enough, and the raisins are great too. I'm almost out, though, which is kind of a bummer.
21. When I was thinking about what I wanted to do with my life after high school I really wanted to go to New England Culinary Institue in Vermont, but my dad said I should give a regular university a try first. I did, and I liked it enough to stick with, but more and more I wish I'd gone the culinary route.
22. I'm glad I did stick with college, though, because it was through my BYU internship that I met my husband. What would I do without him?
23. I don't really like spaghetti, linguini, fettucini or any other long skinny noodle. I never really have. But I'm ok with smaller pasta (I love penne) and stuffed pasta (like my mom's amazing manicotti).
24. I covet my mom and sister's KitchenAid mixers. I want one so badly...
25. When people think about their dream houses, I don't really understand. I can't ever get past my dream kitchen.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh em :) I remember the beast fondly.
I love Hereos, you might like it too Em if you just gave it a fair chance!
Good luck Emily with the job search. I was unemployed for three months after I graduated (and married). Not very fun. But getting a job and not having homework is wonderful.
So... we're on a total Gilmore kick at our house. Even Wilson. We pirated all of mom's seasons over Christmas. Took the whole week. and a few external hard drives, and it was so worth it.
Molly's a pirate arghhh! Emile you need to change your "who we are" column becasue unless your daughter grew an extra appendage it's still a girl! Although a boy named Carolynn would be interesting...
Yay! That was fun! I want a mixer too.
So....I am officially internet stalking you! =) I found your blog from Jay's blog and I sent you a facebook message. I was just thinking about you and all our good times and wanted to see how you were doing. Looks like you have alot going on in your life. Congrats on being pregnant! That is so exciting! Anyways, I would love to keep in touch with you. Email me and I will "let" you see my blog.
mystregirl12@yahoo.com
-Larysa
Post a Comment